Friday, August 5, 2011

Pizza......a success story in two parts!

Thursday started out busy busy. I knew Heidi was coming over at ten and I had things to make....I prepared my tomatoes for roasting and put them in the oven..next go the potatoes very finely cut and next go the sweet banana peppers and sliced onions. I reused the same baking pan (less clean up) but, the best thing about using the same pan was the olive oil and spices just kept making everything better. By the time I put in the peppers and onions the pan was well seasoned and made the flavors very tasty!



I run downstairs to let Heidi in....it is ten o'clock. Heidi, you are always greeting me with a smile...thanks for being my friend. She brings in bacon and breakfast sausage and tiny round zucchinis for a baking experiment later?


Now, the magic begins! The pizza stone is heating in the oven at about 475 degrees. The dough we had purchased was easy to work with. We made four small pizzas with everything on them....tomatoes, bacon, sausage, peppers and onions, potatoes and cheese...easy on the cheese! We watched the pizzas bake and we anticipated failure because we really didn't know exactly what to do, but......part II.

No comments:

Post a Comment