Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beautiful Autumn Day

I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted. Actually, I know not many read this so I am mostly writing to put down my thoughts for me.
September was a difficult month. My friend, Meli, passed away from cancer at the beginning of the month and it has taken me this long to write about it. Her death has left a huge hole in my life.
She was my fun person to visit with. She was always upbeat and laughing. She and I liked the same books, only, she read faster than me and always steered me to the best books. We crafted together...not sewing or knitting...just odd things that only she and I were interested in.
Our last craft project was a banner for spring with the word BLOOM on it. We used scrapbook paper and lots of fun "stuff" to decorate the letters. I hung my banner on my fireplace mantle . Meli hung hers in the kitchen on her pantry door. She got so ill so fast that I think her family took it down because it made them feel sad. My banner made me feel sad...but I wanted to remember Meli.
So, I left it up until this weekend when I made one for Autumn. It says HARVEST. Meli would have liked the way it turned out...I used lots of "stuff" to decorate my letters and it looks nice hanging on my mantle.
The weather feels so great...I love fall and the cooler temperatures.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lee I am so sorry about Meli passing. I am sending you all the strength vibes I can - I know she was special to you. I am sure she would be happy with the new Harvest banner also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just catching up on posts I've missed...I'm sorry about the loss of your friend but you will have lots of happy memories...I'd love to see the banner.
    And people will find your blog. It takes a while. I remember when I thought my daughter was the only one who read mine, now I have over a hundred followers. It will happen to you too. Keep posting.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete