Friday, August 6, 2010

Block of the Month

In January I joined a block of the month....called Y Not. It was to be a challenge for me because every other month the block would feature a y seam. The blocks are supposed to finish 12 1/2. So far only two finished out 12 1/2....that will be no problem because along the way I have purchased additional fabrics to add to my small blocks. Well, last month the block was really hard. They feature a tutorial video on line, but they really don' t help much because you can't see over her shoulder to watch her sew the seam??? If you bring it back to the shop before the tenth of the month the next block is free. I have finished all of my blocks on time....even though some look better than others. The only thing saving me is that the fabric is Kaffe Fassett print and they are soooo busy you really can't tell my seams don't meet or match. Kaffe fabrics are a new colorway for me. I am enjoying the wild colors and prints....but I will still always avoid a pattern with a y seam. Blessings, Lee

2 comments:

  1. Now that sounds hard..Show us your blocks.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dreaded Y-seam, yuck. I don't think I would enjoy that challenge. Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete